The third episode sees hosts Luke and Paul from Aspire Active Partnerships joined by Mim Telfer, co-founder and director of The PE Hub.
Who’s Mim Telfer?
As a qualified teacher with a degree from the University of Birmingham, Mim taught primary and secondary education for several years before setting up the Birmingham based sports coaching organisation ‘Sport Mad’.
Having developed an expertise in sports and education, Mim became co-founder and director of The PE Hub in 2014. The PE Hub offers a comprehensive library of pre-planned lessons and videos, supporting teachers to realise their potential as educators and deliver the high-quality PE lessons pupils need to lead active lives.
The three will be covering:
- How Mim went from qualified teacher, to director of a sports coaching business, to founder of the leading online PE platform for schools
- Why physical activity is important to Mim and the benefits it brings
- Why small companies should focus on their specialist area rather than attempt to master it all
- Why future planning is vital for Mim and her business moving forward
- The benefits of bringing in specialist employees from outside an organisation
- Why using sports personalities to promote PE may not be the answer to improving industry standards