In this week’s episode of The Active Code, hosts Paul Griffiths and Luke Johnson are joined by Independent Educational Consultant, Andy Heald.
Who is Andy Heald?
- Andy has spent over 20 years in the children’s activity space, starting out as a coach and moving on to roles as an educator, business owner and company director.
- Andy has a passion for workforce development and his roles have led him to implementing a high-quality coach development programme and solution to drive success on a national scale.
- Andy currently acts as Vice Chair of the Community Professional Development Board for the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA).
Linkedin: Andy Heald
What is the podcast about?
In the episode, Andy:
- describes his childhood spent playing sports in the street with his friends and explains how it inspired him to work to provide similar opportunities for as many children as possible.
- tells us how he and a large group of children broke a Guinness World Record for the largest fencing lesson ever delivered.
- explains why vision, values and transparency led to the fast growth of his franchise.
- talks about how regular exercise impacts on his mental health and wellbeing and how he incorporates ‘Tiny Habits’ into his day.