In episode 10 of The Active Code hosts Paul Griffiths and Luke Johnson are joined by Harvey Grout, Managing Director at Careers in Sport and PGCE Physical Education Subject Leader University of Reading
Who is Harvey Grout?
Harvey began his career as a secondary school PE teacher, having gained a QTS physical education degree at the University of Warwick.
In 2012 Harvey founded Careers in Sport, drawing on his experience from PE teaching and coaching. Careers in Sport offers students, sports enthusiasts and professionals with a passion for sport, career advice and job opportunities from leading professionals in the sport and fitness industry.
Harvey is also the author of ‘Improving Teaching and Learning in Physical Education’ and ‘101 Classroom Games’.
LinkedIn: Harvey Grout
The three will be covering:
- His life changing time in Australia, completing a masters, teaching, researching at University of Western Australia and travelling
- How physical activity offers enjoyment, stress relief and the opportunity to socialise
- How his father’s leadership traits of being friendly, supportive, and respectful helped him shape his leadership
- The importance of accepting that rarely things go 100% to plan, so it’s vital to reflect on performance and move forward with an open mindset and desire to improve
- How organisations in the sector can harness the power of social media to support young people